Two held for digging illegal borewell in GurgaonJune 28th, 2012 - 12:44 am ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, June 27 (IANS) Three days after a four-year-old girl, Mahi, died trapped in a borewell at Kasan village in Gurgaon district, two people were held for illegally digging a borewell near it, Haryana Police said.
The police said Himmat Singh and Satbir Singh also dug borewells for Rohtash Tayal, in whose house Mahi’s parents live as tenants.
A senior police officer, however, said that the two arrested men had not dug the borewell into which Mahi fell.
- Six people responsible for Mahi's death, says inquiry - Sep 21, 2012
- Man who dug Mahi's death trap sent to jail - Jul 08, 2012
- Mahi trapped in borewell not responding to calls (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Court rejects bail to accused in Mahi death case - Jun 29, 2012
- Girl remains trapped for over 60 hours in borewell - Jun 23, 2012
- GPRS deployed for Mahi's rescue operation - Jun 22, 2012
- Rescue operations still on for baby in borewell - Jun 22, 2012
- Notice to village head in Mahi's death in borewell - Jun 26, 2012
- Other incidents of toddlers being rescued - Jun 23, 2012
- Anger, sorrow as Mahi dies in Haryana borewell (Roundup) - Jun 24, 2012
- Mahi is dead; end came on first or second day, doctors say (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- After 86 long hours, Mahi is dead (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Boy rescued safely from borewell in Maharashtra (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Girl out of borewell, taken to hospital (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Child rights panel seeks report on abandoned borewells - Jun 24, 2012