Two held for Delhi University student’s murderJuly 15th, 2010 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 15 (IANS) Two people were arrested in south Delhi Thursday in connection with the murder of a 20-year-old student from Delhi University’s Khalsa College earlier this week, police said.
“Bacchan Singh Nagar, 23, and Umesh, 22, were apprehended from south Delhi when they were trying to escape from the capital,” a police official said.
Both the accused have been booked for murder and abduction, police said.
Kamal Singh Rawat, a third year B.Com student of Khalsa College, was abducted July 12 in east Delhi’s Sonia Vihar. According to police, the accused stabbed Kamal several times before he collapsed.
On Thursday, police acted on a information that both Nagar and Umesh were trying to escape from Delhi after a violent public reaction to their crime in Sonia Vihar.
“They approached one of their relatives in Mehrauli to arrange money. They were arrested when they were waiting for somebody to deliver money at Andheria More in Mehrauli to escape from Delhi,” said the police official.
Nagar is engaged in the travel business and Umesh is pursuing a computers course from Sikkim Manipal University. Umesh is attached to the Kamla Nagar study centre of the university in north Delhi.
–Indo-Asian News service
- Four more held in Ramjas College admission racket - Dec 27, 2011
- Clashes, arson as hundreds protest murder of Delhi college student - Jul 13, 2010
- Two Rajasthan businessmen held for raping Delhi student - Nov 22, 2011
- Review medical test for aspirants, court tells CRPF - Sep 12, 2010
- Three held for gang rape in south Delhi - Feb 18, 2011
- Body of youth recovered on Yamuna bank - Oct 08, 2011
- Three held for fake caste certificate racket - Jun 25, 2011
- Delhi students look to Chandigarh for B.Com courses - Jun 27, 2011
- Four arrested in fake admission racket in Ramjas - Dec 15, 2011
- DU's second cut-off list brings some hope to students - Jun 21, 2011
- Court questions government on vaccines - Sep 15, 2010
- Man held for abducting, murdering minor - Jul 05, 2011
- Bagladeshi robbers' gang busted - Feb 08, 2012
- Two murders in Delhi - Jul 11, 2012
- Chaos on roads as heavy rains lash Delhi - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: abducted, abduction, asian news, delhi university, east delhi, indo, kamal singh, kamla, khalsa college, mehrauli, New Delhi, north delhi, pks, police official, sikkim manipal university, sonia, south delhi, travel business, umesh, vm