Two held for cheating in DelhiMay 31st, 2012 - 9:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 31 (IANS) Two persons were arrested here for cheating people on the pretext of getting them bank loans, police said Thursday.
The accused were identified as Subhash Chander, 32, and Vakeel Ansari, 28. They were held Wednesday.
They used to work in a bank but were sacked in August last year, said the police.
A police official said they had cheated a Delhi doctor of Rs.66,000 in March.
They had cheated several other people too.
The victim had applied for a Rs.3 lakh loan in a HDFC Bank but her application was rejected, said the official.
Some time later, she received a call from Chander, who said he was a bank manager and promised to get her the loan. He and his accomplice managed to take blank cheques from her on some pretext and took out Rs.66,000 from her account, the official said.
- Youth arrested for cheating ex-labour ministry employee - Jul 19, 2012
- Former bank staff held for fraud - Nov 07, 2011
- Man held for cheating AIIMS nurse - Oct 16, 2011
- Six men held for cheating on pretext of giving loans - Nov 18, 2011
- Three management professionals held for cheating - Jan 23, 2011
- Former bank employees arrested for cheating - Feb 03, 2012
- Gang of fraudsters busted, three arrested from UP - Sep 19, 2012
- Fake banker held in capital - Jan 07, 2011
- Two drowned in Agra - May 25, 2011
- Two held for cheating, impersonation - Jul 01, 2012
- Two held for duping a woman of Rs.1 crore - Dec 18, 2011
- Man withdraws lakhs from girlfriend's account, caught - Feb 16, 2011
- 95-year-old duped of over Rs.22 lakh - Oct 08, 2011
- Three held for forgery - May 23, 2011
- Cheating couple promising new cars for old arrested - Apr 15, 2011