Two guerrillas killed in AssamMay 30th, 2012 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, May 30 (IANS) Two guerrillas, including one from ULFA, were killed in Assam Wednesday, police said.
Security forces gunned down a member of the anti-talk faction of the United Liberation Front of Asom led by Paresh Baruah in Sivsagar district. The incident took place in Lalmati.
The man was identified as Robin Moran of Tinsukia.
In the second incident, security forces killed a member of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland in Kamrup district. He was identified as Srimal Bodo.
A pistol was recovered from him, police said.
Security forces also arrested Ajoy Biswas in Baksa district. He was said to be working as an NDFB linkman. A pistol and a grenade were seized from him.
- Five anti-talk ULFA cadres nabbed - Apr 21, 2012
- Bodo militants, Ulfa linkman nabbed in Assam - Jul 10, 2012
- High security in Assam after ULFA messages intercepted - Sep 10, 2012
- Assam ups security after ULFA's R-Day boycott call - Jan 23, 2012
- Ulfa's bomb-making unit busted; 2 held - May 21, 2012
- Assam remains largely peaceful on ULFA raising day (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Four injured in blast at Congress office; four BSF men killed (Roundup) - Mar 15, 2011
- Four members of anti-talk Bodo rebel group held - Mar 13, 2012
- Five injured in blast at Congress office; 8 BSF men killed (Intro Roundup) - Mar 15, 2011
- ULFA faction lends moral support to Maoists - May 10, 2012
- Bodo militant faction warns against staged shootouts - May 31, 2012
- ULFA, NDFB trying to create instability ahead of Assam polls - Mar 21, 2011
- Security alert in Assam to foil militant attacks - Mar 15, 2011
- Assam on alert after militant strikes (Lead) - Mar 15, 2011
- Grenade blast on Assam-Arunachal border - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: assam, baruah, biswas, faction, grenade, guerrillas, guwahati, national democratic front, national democratic front of bodoland, pistol, security forces, tinsukia, united liberation front, united liberation front of asom