Two get life term for murderJuly 19th, 2008 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 19 (IANS) A city court Saturday sentenced two youngsters to jail for life after convicting them of killing a man in 2001. Additional Sessions Judge V.K. Bansal jailed Brijesh Mawe and Neb Singh for life, after they were convicted of killing Omi Udhas, a telephone booth owner. They had shot him dead due to personal enmity.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs.2,500 on Mawe and Rs.2,000 on Singh, members of a gang run by Satish Chaudhary who was also an accused in the case but was killed by the Delhi Police in 2006.
On June 6, 2001, Udhas was in his telephone booth at Malviya Nagar in South Delhi when three people came posing as customers and shot him.
Vicky Malik, Udhas’ nephew who also runs a shop nearby, was a crucial eyewitness and testified in the court.
Earlier, members of the same gang had killed Udhas’ father too.
The court this week convicted them under section 302 (murder) and section 407 (criminal breach of trust) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
- Sheep thief acquitted of charge of shepherd's murder - Feb 02, 2011
- Godhra case: Death sentence for 11, life terms for 20 - Mar 01, 2011
- Godhra train burning judgement does not justify riots: Moily - Mar 01, 2011
- Justice will one day prevail, say Rajesh and Nupur Talwar - Jun 07, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Aarushi case: SC rejects Nupur Talwar's review plea (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Godhra case: Court to decide quantum of sentence today - Feb 25, 2011
- Trial to begin in Batla House shootout case - Feb 15, 2011
- Highlights of judgment on Shivani Bhatnagar murder - Oct 12, 2011
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: 11 accused fail to appear in court - Feb 21, 2011
- Charges against Sajjan Kumar to be framed May 19 - May 18, 2010
- Top cop says Gujarat CM Modi involved in Godhra case - Apr 22, 2011
- Three year jail for Mumbai hit-and-run convict: Apex court (Third Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Godhra case: Quantum of punishment to be announced today - Mar 01, 2011