Two game ban for Madrid defender PepeMarch 24th, 2012 - 3:19 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, March 24 (IANS) The disciplinary committee of the Spanish Football Federation has decided to suspend Real Madrid defender Pepe for two matches.
Pepe was shown a red card following his side’s 1-1 draw in Villarreal Wednesday night for insulting referee Paradas Romero in the tunnel that leads to the players’ changing rooms, Xinhua reported.
It was the final act of a night which saw Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho and trainer Rui Farias sent off from the dugout, also for insulting the referee.
Mourinho received a one game ban Friday for his sending off while Rui Faria, who had previously been sent off three times this season, has received a two-game ban.
Like Pepe, he will miss Saturday’s home game against Real Sociedad and next weekend’s trip to play Osasuna.
Mesut Ozil was also sent off Wednesday for applauding the referee in a sarcastic manner and he is banned for one game. However, Sergio Ramos will not be banned after seeing two yellow cards Wednesday night.
- Madrid's lead reduced to six points - Mar 22, 2012
- Real Madrid prepare to take on Ajax in Champions League - Sep 26, 2011
- Real Madrid face tough Osasuna test away - Mar 30, 2012
- Real Madrid extend La Liga lead - Nov 21, 2011
- Stiff sanctions for Coentrao and Vilanova - Aug 30, 2012
- Real Madrid aim to keep the goals flowing - Oct 25, 2011
- Real Madrid remain unfazed despite draw with Malaga - Mar 20, 2012
- Real Madrid entertain Granada at home - Sep 01, 2012
- Villarreal back to winning ways in Primera Liga - Sep 21, 2011
- Real Madrid suffer season's first defeat to Levante - Sep 19, 2011
- Barca continue dominance over Real with Bernabeu win - Jan 19, 2012
- Hope my two-game ban sets precedent: Vilanova - Sep 02, 2012
- Real Madrid look to extend the lead in Liga - Jan 12, 2012
- Advantage Barca ahead of Copa del Rey return leg - Jan 24, 2012
- Real Madrid register narrow win in Getafe - Feb 05, 2012
Tags: changing rooms, disciplinary committee, dugout, faria, final act, football federation, game ban, home game, jose mourinho, real madrid, real sociedad, referee, romero, rui, sarcastic manner, spanish football, three times, wednesday night, xinhua, yellow cards