Two from West Bengal killed in Mumbai terror attacksNovember 28th, 2008 - 5:09 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 28 (IANS) Two people, including a 66-year old woman, from West Bengal were among those killed in the Mumbai terror attacks, an official said Friday.”We heard the information that a youth from Boriya police station area in Murshidabad district was killed in the ongoing terror attack in Mumbai. But we’ve not received any further details of the victim,” Murshidabad district police superintendent Basab Dasgupta told IANS Friday.
He said the district police had not yet received the name of the person.
“We’re now trying to get all the details of the victim,” Dasgupta said.
According to police, Meera Chatterjee, 66, of Hooghly district’s Singur was also killed in a firing Wednesday night while waiting at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) to catch a train home.
She went from West Bengal’s Singur to the country’s commercial capital to be with her son who had just lost his job and was in a state of serious depression.
A terrorist walked up to Chatterjee and shot her at pointblank range.
Media reports said, her two sons - Ardhendu and Purnendu - had gone to get some food for their mother at the platform and escaped the terrorist’s bullets by minutes. They heard the gunshots but could not realise that it was their mother who was killed in the firing.
When both the brothers ran back they could only find bulletmarks and bloodstains all over the place. Their search for their mother ended at a nearby hospital’s morgue two hours later.
- Several injured in Kolkata clash - Apr 04, 2012
- Irritated by wailing, father kills baby girl - Feb 06, 2012
- Chatterjee Group chief meet Mamata ahead of HPL board meet - Mar 26, 2012
- Mamata's swearing-in: Singur, Netai victims' kin invited - May 19, 2011
- Smoke from AMRI Hospital triggers panic - Dec 29, 2011
- Maoist held in West Bengal - Nov 09, 2010
- Nine Bangladeshi inmates flee juvenile home in Bengal - Feb 11, 2012
- Bengal to seek legal opinion on Haldia verdict - Oct 29, 2011
- Ten terrorists who held Mumbai to ransom - Aug 29, 2012
- Mamata Banerjee: Timeline of an intrepid politician - May 20, 2011
- Father, son kiiled in West Bengal attack - May 24, 2011
- Timeline of Left Front government in West Bengal - May 13, 2011
- Maoist wanted in twin murder case held in West Bengal (Lead) - Nov 17, 2010
- Ensure law and order for Dunlop plant to function: Ruia - Sep 10, 2011
- Fourth round of Bengal polls: Spotlight on Singur, Nandigram - May 02, 2011