Two foreigners arrested for drug peddlingJuly 3rd, 2008 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 3 (IANS) Two foreign nationals were arrested here Thursday for allegedly attempting to send heroin worth Rs.10 million through courier to South Africa, the police said. The police arrested Mofor Rene, a Cameroon national, and Roland Mordi, a Nigerian, from PVR Complex in Vikas Puri. The parcel was sent Tuesday.
A private courier agency complained to the police that some white powder substance was coming out of a parcel.
When the police opened the parcel, they found four blank photo albums containing eight packets of heroin weighing 1 kg hidden under the front and back covers.
As there was incomplete address on the parcel, police teams were formed to search for the person who had booked it.
Investigation led to the accused residing in Delhi. A trap was laid and the drug peddlers were arrested with 300 grams of heroin, the police said.
“Initial investigation has revealed that both have indulged in drug peddling activities and do not have valid travel documents. It appears that they were making use of courier agency to smuggle drugs out of India,” a police official said.
- Two drug peddlers, supplier arrested in Delhi - Dec 25, 2010
- 61-year-old peddler arrested with drugs worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Mother of three held for drug peddling - Jun 12, 2012
- Two Nigerians held with heroin - Sep 27, 2011
- Goa Police to probe African drug peddlers' nexus - Jun 13, 2012
- Nigerian arrested for drug peddling in Delhi - Jan 11, 2011
- Two Nigerians held for smuggling drugs - Dec 02, 2010
- Gurgaon police bust drug gang - May 25, 2012
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- Eight arrested in Chandigarh with fake heroin - Aug 26, 2011
- Two drug peddlers nabbed with Rs.1 crore-worth heroin - Apr 19, 2011
- Woman drug peddler arrested in Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Two arrested with Rs.1 crore-worth heroin - Aug 20, 2011
- Nigerian held for drug peddling - Feb 02, 2011
- Two Nigerians held in Hyderabad for supplying drugs - Oct 23, 2011