Two fake officials arrestedMay 16th, 2012 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) Two men who cheated people by posing as CBI and sales tax officers have been arrested, police said Wednesday.
Kishan Lal, 62, and Rajender Kumar, 40, were held near the Rohini West Metro Station Tuesday.
Their accomplice Ramesh was arrested earlier while cheating a trader from Jammu and Kashmir, Manzoor Ahmad Dar, Deputy Commissioner of Police Sanjay Kumar Jain said. Lal and Kumar had then escaped.
In February, the three similarly cheated a man from Banda in Uttar Pradesh, posing as sales tax officers, police said.
- Maoist wanted in Jharkhand held in Delhi (Second Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- Businessman held for making bomb hoax call - May 16, 2011
- Agra IT commissioner arrested for graft - Sep 27, 2011
- Militants kill cop in Kashmir - Jun 08, 2011
- Conmen held in Delhi for bid to dupe northeast legislators - Jun 14, 2012
- Militants enter home, kill father, son in Kashmir - May 28, 2011
- Man impersonating as Delhi Police head constable arrested - Jan 14, 2010
- Srinagar murder case solved: Police - Jun 10, 2011
- Bhanwari Devi case: Re-arrested suspect sent to 10-days custody - Jul 04, 2012
- Suspended IPS officer's judicial custody extended - Feb 29, 2012
- Man held for cheating on pretext of erecting phone towers - Apr 10, 2011
- Dara Singh case: BJP leader named in charge sheet - Jun 03, 2011
- Gang of highway robbers posing as cops busted - May 31, 2010
- Ex-cop gets bail in Rajasthan staged shootout - Aug 25, 2011
Tags: accomplice, ahmad, cbi, commissioner of police, deputy commissioner, jain, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kishan, lal, manzoor, metro station, New Delhi, ramesh, rohini, sales tax, sanjay kumar, two men, west metro