Two engineering students drown during holy dipJuly 18th, 2008 - 3:40 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, July 18 (IANS) Two engineering students from Gwalior drowned while taking a dip in the holy pond near Uttar Pradesh’s Goverdhan hill, the police said Friday.
The two students had come to Goverdhan, about 60 km from here, to take part in a mini `kumbh’, a three-day religious fair.
Shailendra Pataria, 20 and Karan Sahu, 20 went to take a dip at Kusum Sarovar on the `parikrama’ route around the Goverdhan hill Thursday afternoon and drowned.
Another student Yogesh Kumar, who had accompanied them, did not take the dip. He told the police that Shailendra and Karan drowned in the pond.
On Thursday around 200,000 pilgrims took a dip in the pond, the police said.
- Rs.500 crore plan for holy Goverdhan hill - Apr 12, 2012
- Millions throng Goverdhan for annual pilgrimage - Jul 15, 2011
- Thousands of siblings take holy dip in Yamuna - Oct 28, 2011
- Annual fair at Goverdhan ends - Jul 08, 2009
- Seven pilgrims die in Agra road accident - May 01, 2010
- Two kids drown in holy pond in Punjab - Aug 02, 2010
- Karauli Mela, Braj region's very own Kumbh - Mar 21, 2012
- AFTER 1 )Krishna land now an urban disaster (Letter from Mathura) - Aug 12, 2012
- Six drown in Orissa after Holi - Mar 20, 2011
- Millions of pilgrims in Mathura for Hindu fair - Jul 16, 2008
- Packed with pilgrims, Lord Krishna's land dances to Holi - Mar 01, 2010
- Shiva devotees make a beeline for special Monday prayers - Aug 08, 2010
- Two more children drown in pond in Rajasthan - Aug 19, 2012
- Millions throng Mathura, Vrindavan for special prayers - Apr 26, 2010
- A riot of colours in Vrindavan - Mar 08, 2012