Two drug peddlers jailed for 10 yearsApril 24th, 2012 - 11:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 24 (IANS) Two men, arrested in September 2009 for possessing 58 kg of cannabis, have been sentenced to 10 years imprisonment by a court here.
Special Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Judge M.K. Nagpal also slapped a fine of Rs.1 lakh each on Prakash Singh and Moti Khan.
“It is held that the prosecution has successfully established from the evidence led on record that both the accused persons were found carrying and in possession of three bags containing ganja weighing 58.85 kg in total,” said Nagpal in the order Monday but made available Tuesday.
The court added that the manner in which both the accused were carrying the drugs on the motorcycle also establishes a prior meeting of minds and the existence of a conspiracy between them to deal in the contraband substances.
Prakash Singh and Moti Khan were apprehended Sep 14, 2009 with three bags containing ganja by police at Sarojini Nagar.
Refuting the submission that police has planted a false case against the accused, the court noted that the heavy quantity of a contraband substance recovered from their possession could not have been planted by police officials.
- One gets 10 years jail for peddling drugs - Sep 14, 2012
- US national arrested with drugs in Goa - Aug 03, 2011
- Nigerian punished for drug peddling - Jun 29, 2011
- 20 booked on drug charges in Goa over three months - Jul 20, 2012
- Corruption charge filed against embezzling official - Feb 25, 2011
- Indian soldier held with drugs - May 17, 2011
- Court defers Rahul Mahajan drug abuse case - May 03, 2011
- Three sent to jail for drug trafficking - Aug 10, 2010
- Cocaine seized in Haryana town, 7 held - May 04, 2010
- 500 kg cannabis seized, three held - Aug 08, 2010
- Cannabis seized in Assam - May 14, 2012
- Morphine seized in Guwahati - May 31, 2012
- Two held with 104 kg of drug - Apr 19, 2011
- Commando held with contraband in Delhi - Feb 25, 2011
- Fardeen Khan gets immunity in drugs case - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: 10 years, april 24, cannabis, conspiracy, court noted that, drug peddlers, false case, imprisonment, meeting of minds, moti, nagpal, narcotic drugs, New Delhi, police officials, possession, prakash, prosecution, psychotropic substances, rs 1, two men