Two dozen human skulls, bones, found in Uttar PradeshMay 23rd, 2009 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 23 (IANS) Panic prevailed in the Civil Lines locality of Uttar Pradesh’s Aligarh town Saturday when over two dozen human skulls and bones were found in a pond, police said.
The skulls and bones surfaced after the pond dried up due to excessive heat in the past few days.
However, the police said the remains are of unidentified bodies that are disposed off by the police.
“A mortuary is situated near that pond and police dispose off unidentified bodies near it. The remaining bones were thrown in the pond. The water in the pond was not usable as a number of drains from the city opens up in it,” Inspector Onkar Singh Rathi told IANS.
“The drains were also diverted outside the city and that’s why the pond gradually dried up,” he said.
“We are, however, investigating the matter.”
- Skulls, bones found in Uttar Pradesh pond - May 30, 2010
- At least 100 human skulls, bones and skeletons found in Aligarh - May 24, 2009
- Police clueless on recovery of 100 human skulls in Aligarh - Jun 10, 2009
- Newborn girl found dead in Delhi drain - Jan 18, 2011
- Chinese officials sacked for dumping baby bodies - Mar 01, 2012
- Unidentified bodies to be treated decently in Agra - Jan 14, 2011
- Remains of some 9/11 victims ended up in landfill - Mar 01, 2012
- West Bengal government wants to cremate Gyaneshwari victims - Jun 13, 2010
- Nurse case: CBI chief, other officials reach Jodhpur - Jan 05, 2012
- Naked woman's body found in Delhi hospital premises - Apr 26, 2012
- Anthropologists discover earliest cemetery in Jordan - Feb 03, 2011
- Student's death: Bus driver, conductor arrested - Jun 28, 2011
- 73 Mathura villages join battle against Yamuna pollution - Jan 10, 2011
- Firecracker blast causes panic in Bangalore - Sep 09, 2011
- Nurse case: Two accused sent to CBI custody (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012