Two died of poisonous gas from manholeApril 19th, 2011 - 12:40 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 18 (IANS) Two labourers died after inhaling poisonous gas when they went inside a sewage manhole for cleaning, police said Monday.
“Harinder, 25, and Anil, 26, died after they inhaled poisonous gas at a manhole at Delhi State Industrial Development Corporation (DSIDC) area of Bana in Delhi’s suburbs Monday morning,” said a senior police officer.
People at DSIDC area had called some people to clean up the overflowing sewage manhole in the area. A team of five labourers reached there to clean it, police said.
“First, Harinder entered inside the manhole. After few minutes when Anil did not get any response to his repeated calls to Harinder, he climbed down. The others found that both were not responding. Another labourer Joginder went inside but he too fell unconscious.
Other labourers noticed Joginder lying unconscious and informed police.
“They called Police Control Room and Fire Brigade team at 11.30 a.m.,” said the officer.
Anil, Harinder and Joginder were rushed to Bhim Rao Ambedkar Hospital, where doctors declared Anil and Harinder brought dead while Joginder is in a critical condition.
- Two die from toxic fumes at Delhi sewage plant (lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Two die after inhaling poisonous gas - Nov 14, 2011
- Three killed after falling down manhole - Nov 19, 2011
- Lack of safety gear killing Delhi's sewer workers (Capital Focus) - Jun 24, 2012
- Poisonous gas in well kills three - May 18, 2011
- Poisonous gas kills teen labourer - May 02, 2011
- Poisonous gas from septic tank kills six - May 03, 2011
- Construction worker killed in gas leak - Mar 30, 2012
- Driver found dead inside car - May 07, 2011
- Poisonous gas kills three - Jul 29, 2010
- Poisonous gas kills four of a family - May 20, 2011
- Six die of suffocation in Orissa - Jun 11, 2010
- Three die after inhaling poisonous gas in Bengal - Jul 05, 2011
- Three die while cleaning well - Apr 03, 2010
- Three die while cleaning sewer in Kanpur - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: anil, bana, critical condition, delhi state, doctors, dsidc, few minutes, fire brigade, industrial development corporation, joginder, labourers, manhole, monday morning, New Delhi, poisonous gas, police officer, sewage