Two die after inhaling poisonous gasNovember 14th, 2011 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 14 (IANS) Two people died after inhaling poisonous gas rising from a sewer manhole in a basement in south Delhi Monday, a fire brigade official said.
Lokesh Chand Sharma, 50, a resident of Jangpura, and sewer cleaner Rampal, 25, died after inhaling poisonous gas around 4 p.m.
Sharma had called Rampal to clean a sewer in the basement of his house. When Rampal opened the lid of the sewer, both of them collapsed, the official said.
Sharma’s neighbours rushed both of them to hospital where they died. Sharma was using the basement as office for his property dealing business.
- Three killed after falling down manhole - Nov 19, 2011
- Two died of poisonous gas from manhole - Apr 19, 2011
- Lack of safety gear killing Delhi's sewer workers (Capital Focus) - Jun 24, 2012
- Two die from toxic fumes at Delhi sewage plant (lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Four killed in Delhi building collapse - Dec 03, 2011
- Two sweepers die after falling into open sewer - Jun 03, 2009
- Three company officials booked for Thane gas leak - Sep 21, 2011
- Sewer worker's death: Rights panel probes civic agencies - Aug 11, 2011
- Delhi government, MCD pulled up for manhole cleaners' deaths - Jun 11, 2010
- Five killed in Delhi building collapse - Jan 04, 2012
- One dead in Kanpur poisonous gas leak - May 02, 2011
- Poisonous gas from septic tank kills six - May 03, 2011
- House collapse kills five in Delhi(Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Six die of suffocation in Orissa - Jun 11, 2010
- One dead, 10 ill after ammonia cylinder bursts (Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , ,