Two die after inhaling poisonous gas

November 14th, 2011 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS  

New Delhi, Nov 14 (IANS) Two people died after inhaling poisonous gas rising from a sewer manhole in a basement in south Delhi Monday, a fire brigade official said.

Lokesh Chand Sharma, 50, a resident of Jangpura, and sewer cleaner Rampal, 25, died after inhaling poisonous gas around 4 p.m.

Sharma had called Rampal to clean a sewer in the basement of his house. When Rampal opened the lid of the sewer, both of them collapsed, the official said.

Sharma’s neighbours rushed both of them to hospital where they died. Sharma was using the basement as office for his property dealing business.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Posted in Uncategorized |

Subscribe