Two die after falling into a wellAugust 16th, 2008 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 15 (IANS) Two people died Friday after they fell into a well in northwest Delhi, police said. According to the police, the accident took place at village Hamidpur in Alipur area Friday morning. Suraj Sharma, 32, went to the well near his house to switch off the electronic motor of the tube well in order to save it from rains.
His cries of help when he fell down brought villagers to the well but no one helped him come out.
“The locals told us that he fell unconscious inside but no one dared to go inside. That is when a daily wage labourer, Vaidnath went inside to save him,” the officer said.
But when he also didn’t return to the surface, the villagers called the fire brigade.
“We received a call at around 9 a.m. Two bodies were taken out from the well,” a fire brigade official said.
“They must have died of asphyxiation by a poisonous gas inside the well,” the official said.
- Two died of poisonous gas from manhole - Apr 19, 2011
- Poisonous gas in well kills three - May 18, 2011
- Six die of suffocation in Orissa - Jun 11, 2010
- Construction worker killed in gas leak - Mar 30, 2012
- Driver found dead inside car - May 07, 2011
- Toxic gases kill four in Rajasthan well - Jun 17, 2012
- Two die from toxic fumes at Delhi sewage plant (lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- 56 people hospitalised after food poisoning - May 21, 2011
- Toddler dies after falling into borewell - May 20, 2011
- One dead, 10 ill after ammonia cylinder bursts (Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
- Bengal teenager who fell into well brought out dead - Jun 25, 2012
- Fire at Mumbai commercial complex under control (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Six of family consume poison, four dead - Aug 21, 2010
- Two treated in Agra after gas leak - Nov 15, 2011
- Teenager falls into Bengal well (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012