Two die, 19 taken ill after food poisoning in JharkhandFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 12:23 am ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 2 (IANS) Marriage celebrations in a village in Jharkhand turned tragic when a woman and a child died due to food poisoning and 19 other people were hospitalised, the police said. According to the police, the villagers left Sunday night to attend a marriage in Jaldega block in Simdega district, some 120 km from Ranchi. On Monday morning the marriage party was held, and after consuming food one woman and a child died and more than 50 people started vomiting.
The police said that food poisoning was the cause of the deaths.
According to the police, 19 people have been admitted to hospital and the rest were discharged after providing first aid. The condition of seven people is said to be critical.