Two Delhi students killed in accidentFebruary 24th, 2008 - 5:05 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 24 (IANS) A Delhi University student and another student were killed and two others injured when their speeding vehicle spun out of control and rammed into a tree here early Sunday. Police suspect it to be a case of drunken driving. According to police, the accident occurred when the speeding black Skoda that the four were travelling in rammed into a tree, before skidding off the road turning turtle at around 5.15 a.m. near India Gate.
“The car was travelling at high speed and spun out of control. It first rammed into a railing and then on to a tree, resulting in the death of two people sitting in the back seat of the car,” said Head Constable A.S. Rana, who was present at the spot when the accident occurred.
The dead have been identified as Anirudh Rawat, a Delhi University student, and Sneha Kapoor, an Amity student. The injured are Gaurav, a Delhi-based businessman, and Satyajit, also a student.
The four were returning after attending a party at the Inter Continental Hotel in Barakhamba Road.
Police said broken liquor bottles were found near the crash site.
Police sources said that Gaurav, who was driving the car, could have been drunk and his medical report is awaited.
The injured are in critical condition. They were first admitted to the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital but later shifted to another hospital in Noida.
- Two Delhi students killed in car crash - Feb 24, 2008
- Three including ex-minister's son die in accident - Dec 20, 2011
- Three hurt as speeding car hits bike in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- Actor Ronit Roy held after accident, granted bail - Oct 27, 2011
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Ten students injured as van overturns - Mar 22, 2011
- Four killed in Tripura road mishap - Feb 28, 2012
- Four killed in road accidents - Sep 04, 2011
- Less road accidents at night in Delhi: Police - Apr 18, 2012
- Two killed in Delhi car crash - Feb 24, 2008
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- One dead, two injured in Delhi road accident - Jul 21, 2012
- 10 students hurt in Uttar Pradesh bus accident - Feb 25, 2011