Two Delhi students drown in West Bengal barrageApril 23rd, 2008 - 7:56 pm ICT by admin
Kolkata, April 23 (IANS) Two students from Delhi, studying engineering in West Bengal, drowned Wednesday in a barrage in Birbhum district, police said. “Four students of Birbhum Institute of Engineering and Technology fell into the nearby Tilpara Barrage while taking their morning walk,” Police Superintendent L.N. Meena told IANS.
“Two of them - Anshuman Mitra and Uttam Kumar Mitra - were rescued by locals. Bodies of Gaurav Singh and Supratik Chakraborty were recovered later,” he said.
“We are trying to find out how all the four fell into the water together,” he added.
All of them were from Delhi and were fourth year students of the institute.
- 60 children fall ill after mid-day meal - Sep 14, 2011
- Seven people drown in West Bengal - Sep 15, 2010
- Four Pakistanis drown in well - Jun 21, 2012
- Girl student strip searched in Bengal, two teachers held - Aug 04, 2012
- Three Indian fishermen killed by Bangladeshi pirates - Jan 28, 2012
- Two students feared drowned in Guwahati - Aug 11, 2010
- Viswa-Bharati shocker: PMO seeks report, earden gets bail (Roundup) - Jul 09, 2012
- Bengal fishermen, abducted by Bangladeshi pirates, traced - Feb 03, 2012
- Three students held for ragging in Himachal - Aug 04, 2011
- Two IIM-Indore students expelled for taking drugs - Feb 22, 2012
- Bengal trawler capsize toll rises to 82 - Nov 04, 2010
- West Bengal trawler capsize toll now 77 - Nov 03, 2010
- Four Haryana devotees die as car plunges into canal - Sep 06, 2011
- Six students killed in UP school roof collapse - Jul 27, 2012
- Two soldiers drown in swimming pool - Aug 13, 2010