Two dead in ‘honour killing’August 26th, 2012 - 7:06 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 26 (IANS) A man killed his sister and her minor daughter, chopped the bodies and threw them into the Ganges for marrying against the family’s wishes, police Sunday said.
Sanjana Devi, 22, and Gungun Kumari, 3, were killed Saturday at Gulab Bagh, about 50 km from Patna.
Their bodies were cut into pieces and thrown into the Ganges near Barh, Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Amrit Raj said.
Her family was not in touch with Sanjana after she married Dilip Kumar, who belonged to a different caste, four years ago.
According to police, Sanjana’s brother telephoned Munna Kumar her two days ago and told her to forget the past and come to their parents’ house.
Police suspect that Munna strangled her there and killed her daughter too.
- Dumb woman killed, body chopped in Bihar - Apr 17, 2012
- Woman swims for 12 hours to save herself - Sep 24, 2011
- Army man detained over three deaths in family - Jul 24, 2012
- Teen cousins killed for honour; grandmother, uncles arrested - Jun 27, 2010
- Mother arrested for honour killing in Patna - Apr 22, 2012
- Man strangles landlord's two kids - Nov 22, 2011
- Body in pieces: Police question victim's friend - Sep 04, 2012
- The grooms were drunk, the brides said no - May 01, 2012
- Man's genitals chopped off in Bihar - Mar 04, 2012
- Honour killing: Two killed, another struggling for life - May 09, 2010
- Human sacrifice: Four arrested for killing girl - Oct 08, 2011
- Girl thrown off roof, another killed for 'honour' (Lead) - May 09, 2010
- Dalit woman killed in Bihar for practising witchcraft - May 24, 2012
- 'Honour killing' victims make dramatic reappearance (Second Lead) - May 10, 2010
- For Bihar women candidates, husband's muscle power could backfire - Oct 19, 2010