Two dead, 13 hurt in Peshawar car blast (Lead)July 1st, 2011 - 12:33 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 30 (IANS) At least two people died and 13 were injured when a car blew up Thursday evening in Pakistan’s northwestern Peshawar city, officials said.
The incident took place in Shoba Chowk area, Geo News reported.
The blast was caused when the gas cylinder of the vehicle blew up, said Bashir Ahmed Bilour, a provincial minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The vehicle caught fire after the blast but was successfully doused by fire fighters.
Police and a bomb disposal squad reached the site and cordoned off the area.
The injured have been taken to Lady Reading Hospital.
- Two dead, 14 hurt in Peshawar blast - Jul 01, 2011
- Four hurt in Peshawar blast - Jul 01, 2011
- Four killed in Peshawar suicide blast (Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Pakistani politician survives suicide attack (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- 27 killed as `schoolboy' bomber attacks Pakistan Army centre (Third Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- Taliban storm Pakistani jail, free nearly 400 inmates (Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Suicide bomber kills 20 at Shia trust-run hospital in Hangu - Dec 11, 2010
- Five killed in Pakistan bakery blast - Jun 06, 2011
- Student among two dead in Peshawar school bus blast (Second Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- Pakistani politician escapes bid on life - Mar 03, 2012
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa will continue fighting against terrorism: Bashir Bilour - Jan 31, 2011
- Two dead as bomb on donkey cart explodes in Peshawar (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Senior cop dies in Peshawar suicide blast (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Five blasts rock Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- 13 killed in blast at Peshawar funeral (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2012