Two days’ judicial custody for Delhi blast suspectOctober 5th, 2011 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 5 (IANS) Abid Hussain, a suspect in the Sep 7 blast at the Delhi High Court that killed 15 people, was Wednesday sent to two days’ judicial custody by a court here.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) presented Hussain, a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, before Additional Sessions Judge H.S. Sharma for the in-camera proceedings, after the end of his police custody.
“Abid Hussain was sent to Tihar Jail till Oct 7,” said his counsel.
Hussain’s counsel said the NIA sought the court’s permission to record his statement before a magistrate, which is a legally admissible confession.
Hussain is alleged to have sent an e-mail claiming responsibility for the blast.
The NIA was earlier given his custody from Sep 22 to Oct 5. Hussain and another suspect Amir Abbas Dev, were brought here from Kashmir by the NIA Sep 21.
Dev was arrested Sep 16 in Kashmir. He is currently in NIA custody till Oct 7. Hussain was arrested in Kashmir Sep 13.
The accused have been booked under penal provisions for criminal conspiracy, promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race or language and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony.
- Kishtwar student a conspirator in Delhi blast, says NIA - Sep 22, 2011
- Kishtwar student sent to NIA custody till Oct 7 - Sep 23, 2011
- Delhi blast suspects brought to capital - Sep 21, 2011
- Delhi blast accused's plea to be heard May 1 - Apr 18, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Accused records statement - May 02, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Court finds evidence against accused - Sep 04, 2012
- Judicial custody of high court blast accused extended - Mar 28, 2012
- NIA raids suspects' residences in Jammu, Kishtwar - Oct 19, 2011
- Delhi High Court blast: Charges filed against six (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Court to frame charges Sep 18 (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Order against accused reserved - Aug 24, 2012
- Chargesheet in Delhi High Court blast Wednesday - Mar 12, 2012
- High court blast aimed at saving Guru from gallows: NIA - Mar 13, 2012
- Delhi blast: NIA looks for Kishtwar suspect's brother - Oct 20, 2011
- Chargesheet filed in Delhi High Court blast case - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,