Two Dalits killed over temple worshipMarch 7th, 2009 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 7 (IANS) In separate incidents, two Dalits were killed following a dispute over worshipping in a temple in Tamil Nadu, the police said Saturday.
The victims were identified as K. Paramasivan, 27, and E. Easwaran, 55. The killings took place at Sankarankoil in Tirunelveli district.
Paramasivan was attacked Friday night when he was on his way to his village. Easwaran was attacked while riding a two-wheeler with a friend.
In both cases, the dispute apparently was over worshipping in a temple belonging to the largely pastoral Konar community.
- Tamil Nadu minister Karuppasamy dead - Oct 22, 2011
- 'Tamil Nadu power situation to ease from June' - Mar 14, 2012
- Eicher Motors to expand two-wheeler production - Jul 12, 2011
- Commute death sentence in Gandhi case: PUDR - Aug 26, 2011
- Re-polling ends in Tamil Nadu - Apr 16, 2011
- Jayalalithaa chairs state cabinet meeting ahead of budget - Mar 05, 2012
- Polling begins for Tamil Nadu assembly by-poll - Mar 18, 2012
- Brisk polling in Tamil Nadu bypoll (Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- Around 75 percent voting in Tamil Nadu assembly by-poll (Second Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- TVS Motors closes March and fiscal with higher sales - Apr 01, 2011
- Situation calm in Kudankulam, more protestors arrested (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- AIADMK wins Sankarankoil by-election (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Indian astrologer arrested after threatening clients for sex - Jan 31, 2011
- AIADMK wins Sankarankoil by-poll (Second Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Kudankulam protesters assaulted, talks cancelled - Jan 31, 2012