Two crude bombs recovered in Gujarat townOctober 21st, 2008 - 8:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mehsana (Gujarat), Oct 21 (IANS) Two crude bombs were recovered in Mehsana district of north Gujarat Tuesday, police said.”The bombs were identical to those recovered from Kalupur in Ahmedabad in August,” said District Police Superintendent of Police Raju Bhargava. “Both have been sent to the forensic lab in Gandhinagar for further investigation,” he said.
High alert was sounded in the district and the search was on for those who manufactured the bombs.
The live bombs, covered with strings, were found near a post office, a short distance away from the Ambaliyasan Road railway station, about 110 km from Ahmedabad.
“Six-year-old Narayan Mukeshbhai first spotted the two round objects kept in a tin box near the post office in Jornang Society,” said GJ Desai, police sub-inspector of Langhanaj village.
“He brought them home, thinking they were balls. His father Mukeshbhai Vaishnava suspected some foul play and informed the Langhanaj police,” Desai said.
The bombs found in a place like Ambliyasan Road with a population of barely 5,000 sent ripples in north Gujarat.
“Though there is nothing to cause concern as those were countrymade sutli bombs, the police will go to the bottom of the matter to bring out facts as to who were the real culprits,” Bhargava said.
- Four crude bombs found in Lucknow court premises - Aug 09, 2012
- Gujarat lecturer alleges rape by three teachers - Jun 22, 2010
- Maruti not to abandon Manesar plant, says Bhargava (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Police find 25 kg bomb in Chhattisgarh - Sep 22, 2011
- 15 crude bombs defused in Ahmedabad - Sep 29, 2008
- Two thrown out of train, one dead (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 17 bombs recovered in Ahmedabad ahead of festivals (Second Lead) - Sep 29, 2008
- Bombs found in Chhattisgarh's Maoist heartland - Jan 01, 2012
- 40 KG IED recovered in Jharkhand - Jan 03, 2012
- Four held for Rs.3 mn heist in Haryana - Oct 09, 2010
- Five killed as rival gangs clash - Nov 29, 2011
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister Kodnani, 31 convicted (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir - Jul 14, 2012
- Building collapses in Ahmedabad, two killed - Jan 28, 2011
- Life terms for 31 in Gujarat's 2002 Sardarpura massacre - Nov 09, 2011