Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blastAugust 7th, 2012 - 11:42 am ICT by IANS
Raipur, Aug 7 (IANS) Two CRPF troopers were killed after their vehicle was blown up in a blast triggered by Maoists in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur district Tuesday, an official said.
The incident occurred at 8 a.m. when a Tata 407 carrying food for the troops was hit by an IED blast in Basaguda area of the district, said Ram Niwas, Central Reserve Police Force additional director-general, Naxal operations. Basaguda is around 520 km from state capital Raipur.
Niwas said the troopers belonged to the CRPF’s anti-Maoist CoBRA battalion.
On Monday, Maoist guerrillas had blown up an anti-landmine vehicle in Bastar region, killing a CRPF trooper and injuring five others, police officials said.
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Security forces kill 17 Maoists (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- 10 Chhattisgarh cops killed in Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- 10 securitymen die in Maoist landmine blast (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Two deadly attacks in Chhatttisgarh, 15 cops killed (Third Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Trooper killed in Bengal landmine blast by Maoists - Dec 25, 2010
- Chhattisgarh Maoists step up attacks to taunt army, say experts - Jun 11, 2011
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- CRPF trooper killed as Maoists trigger IED blast - Mar 18, 2010
- Maoists have massively mined Chhattisgarh forests: Police - May 09, 2010
- Two CRPF troopers killed as Maoists trigger blast (Lead) - Mar 18, 2010
- Eight troopers killed as Maoists blast CRPF vehicle - May 09, 2010
- Maoists kill 2 BJP workers, driver in Chhattisgarh - Apr 20, 2012
- Ballot scores over bullet in Bengal's Maoist heartland - May 10, 2011