Two CRPF men killed, 5 injured in Maoist ambushJuly 23rd, 2012 - 2:19 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, July 23 (IANS) Two CRPF personnel were killed and five injured in a gun battle with Maoist guerrillas in Jharkhand Monday, police said.
The CRPF personnel were attacked in the Porahahatt jungle in Rania in Khuti district, around 70 km from state capital Ranchi, they said.
The personnel were sent to the jungle early in the morning based on intelligence inputs.
The guerrillas ambushed the personnel and a gun battle ensued. In battle, two CRPF personnel were killed and five were injured.
Initial reports said that the two personnel were killed in a cross-fire of CRPF parties.
However, CRPF officials and Jharkhand Director General of Police G.S. Rath denied any cross-firing.
But Rath said the Ranchi deputy inspector general of police would probe the incident and file the report.
Maoists are active in 18 of the state’s 24 districts.
- 11 security men killed, 30 injured in Jharkhand ambush - May 03, 2011
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Jharkhand - Sep 27, 2011
- Two policemen injured in gunfight with Maoists - Mar 14, 2011
- CRPF trooper hurt, eight landmines found in Jharkhand - Aug 03, 2012
- Jharkhand police get hijacked bus, driver's body - Dec 02, 2011
- Attack meant to reassert Maoist presence in Jharkhand: police - May 04, 2011
- Five security personnel injured in Jharkhand (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Four security personnel injured - Feb 05, 2011
- Jharkhand Police admit mistakes, to probe ambush killing - May 04, 2011
- Maoists graveyard found in Jharkhand - Jun 12, 2011
- Two CRPF troopers injured in gun fight - Dec 20, 2010
- Maoist regional commander killed in Jharkhand - Jul 20, 2012
- Seven Maoists arrested, landmine recovered - Mar 03, 2012
- Maoist killed in Jharkhand - Dec 18, 2010
- Security forces kill 17 Maoists (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012