Two criminals killed by Uttar Pradesh police (Lead)December 20th, 2008 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 20 (IANS) Two criminals were shot dead in an encounter here, police said Saturday.The two men, identified as Luvkush and Moolchand of Fatehpur district, died in an exchange of fire around 11.30 p.m. Friday.
“The criminals were on a Hero Honda Splendor bike and opened fire on a police inspector when he tried to stop them during a routine vehicle check,” Lucknow police chief Akhil Kumar told IANS.
He said the police team followed and shot them in a subsequent exchange of fire that took place in the Hassanganj locality of the state capital here.
A revolver, a Mauser pistol and a diary were recovered from them, he added.
Kumar said there were nearly 10 criminal cases lodged against the two men in Fatehpur district, about 140 km from here. Each carried a cash reward of Rs.10,000 on his head.
“We have also come across vital links after scanning the telephone numbers in the diary and hope to arrest more criminals soon,” a police officer said on condition of anonymity.
- Two criminals killed in encounter in UP - Dec 20, 2008
- Robbers kill soldier, relative - May 24, 2012
- Punjab arms dealer held for smuggling Chinese pistols - Jul 22, 2012
- Gangsters take family hostage, shoot dead cop in UP (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Family taken hostage, inspector shot dead by gangsters in UP - Apr 18, 2012
- Road rage: Three held for firing at motorist - Oct 11, 2011
- Policeman, home guard fired upon, weapons looted - Oct 15, 2011
- Guard accidentally fires inside college, six injured - Apr 27, 2011
- Criminal shoots at cop in UP - Aug 15, 2012
- Cop shot dead by criminals - Jul 06, 2011
- Criminal gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - May 23, 2011
- Hostage killed before cops gun down two gangsters - Jan 18, 2011
- Official shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 19, 2011
- Gang kills constable at home - Mar 04, 2011
- Student leads gang of auto thieves - Jun 02, 2012