Two criminals gunned down in Noida shootoutFebruary 24th, 2009 - 12:52 am ICT by IANS
Noida, Feb 23 (IANS) The Noida police Monday night claimed to have gunned down two suspected criminals in a shootout in this satellite township on the outskirts of the national capital.
Superintendent of police A.K. Tripathi said three men were spotted in an Esteem car roaming the area in a suspicion raising manner.
When the police signalled them to stop the car, they opened fire and tried to flee.
Two of the men sustained gunshot injuries when the police retaliated, and were rushed to a hospital where doctors declared them brought dead. The third escaped from the spot, the police officer said.
One of the dead was identified as Vinay Katiyar of Etah district in Uttar Pradesh who carried a reward of Rs.20,000 on his head while the other killed man’s identity was being ascertained.
A police constable also sustained bullet injuries during the shootout. His condition was stated serious in a hospital.
- Criminal carrying Rs.50,000 reward killed in Noida - Apr 12, 2010
- Criminal gunned down in Ghaziabad - Apr 24, 2010
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Man shot dead in Noida health club - Mar 03, 2010
- Chain snatcher shot dead in Noida, accomplice escapes - Jan 27, 2011
- Car driver killed in CRPF firing near Ranchi - Feb 06, 2012
- Cop arrested for businessman's murder - Sep 25, 2011
- Maoist, trooper killed in West Bengal gunfight (Lead) - Jun 27, 2010
- Husband of village pradhan shot dead - Sep 23, 2011
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 28, 2010
- Rajasthan Police constable electrocuted - Aug 03, 2012
- Subordinates assault policewoman in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 03, 2010
- One killed, 2 hurt in Noida accident - Oct 16, 2010
- Farmer leader Manveer Tewatia arrested in Delhi (Second Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
- Four Gujarat cops held for negligence - Oct 09, 2011