Two counterfeiters held in GhaziabadFebruary 24th, 2010 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Feb 24 (IANS) Two men were arrested Wednesday and a large quantity of counterfeit voter ID cards, domicile certificates and official seals were recovered from their possession, officials said. The police have not ruled out a terror link in the case.
The two men identified as Jitendra Kumar and Shailash Kumar were arrested on a tip-off, District Magistrate R. Ramesh Kumar and Senior Superintendent of Police Raghuvir Lal told reporters.
Jitendra Kumar had a vendor license for selling non-judicial stamps while Shailash Kumar assisted him in the work.
During interrogation, they confessed they were engaged in issuing counterfeit voter ID cards, income certificates, caste and domicile certificates and other government documents.
They revealed that they worked for Yasin who often came from Delhi. He never disclosed his address and never visited their vend, they said.
“Yasin might be involved in terrorist activities and might have been secretly fetching the government certificates to his purposes. We are probing that angle,” Lal said.
The police recovered 350 counterfeit voter ID cards, five government seals, 28 holograms, 11 income certificates, three caste certificates, four domicile certificate and other counterfeit documents and equipment.
- Ex-official held for fraud - Jan 07, 2012
- People cheer as Bihar goes online with public services - Dec 01, 2011
- Auto-lifters gang busted in Ghaziabad, 11 cars seized - Mar 23, 2010
- Police nab criminal who fled custody - Jan 10, 2012
- 3 caught selling fake pen drives - Mar 25, 2011
- Two arrested for cheating - Nov 02, 2011
- Two held for making extortion calls - Apr 28, 2011
- Chinese national charged in US Army recruiting scam - Apr 13, 2011
- Bihar goes to polls tomorrow - Oct 20, 2010
- Right to Service becomes law in Kerala - Jul 25, 2012
- Pakistani spy had licence, voter ID card: police (Lead) - Jul 13, 2010
- Pakistani spy held in Delhi with secret defence papers (Second Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Pakistani spy had licence, voter ID and PAN card: police - Jul 12, 2010
- Farmer, two sons held for killing daughter - Nov 29, 2011
- Hooch toll rises to 24 in NCR districts (Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
Tags: caste, certificates, counterfeit documents, counterfeiters, district magistrate, domicile, government documents, government seals, interrogation, jitendra, lal, possession, r ramesh, ramesh kumar, stamps, superintendent, terrorist activities, two men, voter id, yasin