Two contract killers arrested in DelhiFebruary 18th, 2011 - 12:14 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 17 (IANS) Two members of a gang of contract killers, allegedly involved in killing a sandal wood smuggler of Chhattisgarh, were arrested from north Delhi and arms were seized from them, police said Thursday.Ranbir, 30, and Narender, 26, were arrested from Rohini area of north Delhi Wednesday on a tip-off.
“A 9mm and a 7.65 bore pistols, and four live cartridges were recovered from them while the Tata Indica car they were travelling in was seized. The gang is involved in the murder of Rajesh Daggar, a sandal wood smuggler of Raipur, Chattisgarh,” a police official said.
According to police, the duo disclosed that they were associates of a gangster and a contract killer named Rajesh, involved in more than 13 criminal cases, including eight murders and three attempt to murder cases, in Delhi and Haryana.
“Rajesh had been sentenced to life imprisonment but was granted parole Dec 17, 2010, and has since then been absconding. Ranbir is involved in several cases of Arms Act violations in the capital,” the official added.
The two men confessed to shooting dead Daggar along with Rajesh and two other associates Jan 24.
“The Raipur police have been informed about the arrest and further investigation is in progress,” added the official.
- Mother gets son killed to keep affair under wraps - Sep 01, 2011
- Four held with heroin worth Rs.4 crore - Sep 03, 2010
- Gang of five nabbed for car thefts in Delhi - Apr 15, 2011
- Delhi Police ex-official, two men held for murder - Sep 18, 2011
- Man involved in murder, robbery arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Delhi man, four accomplices held for father's murder - Dec 08, 2010
- Jail superintendent held for setting up contract killing - Mar 25, 2011
- Three contract killers held in Delhi - Mar 09, 2011
- Tiger skins seized in Haryana, 5 held - Jul 20, 2011
- Gang of inter-state robbers busted - May 13, 2010
- Three contract killers arrested in Raipur - Sep 03, 2010
- Killer of traders' association chief arrested in Delhi - Sep 07, 2009
- Man held for attempt to murder - Jan 15, 2012
- Elderly women's murder case solved, five arrested - Jul 26, 2012
- MCD employee poisons relative, arrested - May 04, 2012
Tags: 9mm, contract killer, contract killers, gangster, haryana, jan 24, life imprisonment, murders, narender, New Delhi, north delhi, pistols, police official, police said thursday, raipur, rajesh, ranbir, sandal wood, smuggler, tata indica car