Two commit sucide due to death of ‘elder sister’June 7th, 2008 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 7 (IANS) Two youths committed suicide by jumping in front of a train here Saturday because a schoolteacher they looked up to as their “elder sister” had died of illness, police said. “One of the deceased, Ajay Kumar, was the son of a police constable. The other, Sarvesh, was the son of a mason. They were both in their twenties and jumped in front of a running train at about 5.30 a.m. at the Durgaganj crossing,” Panna Lal, Kakori station officer, told IANS.
According to a suicide note recovered from one of the bodies, the youths ended their lives due to the death of a schoolteacher on June 3.
“The note mentioned that they used to consider the woman their elder sister and were shocked by her death,” said Lal.
- Class 10 girl commits suicide in Delhi - Jun 15, 2012
- Man kills cousin's kids, commits suicide in Rajasthan - Jun 13, 2012
- Track record (To go with Metro suicide story) - Mar 13, 2012
- CRPF woman constable shoots herself dead (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi Metro station (Second Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Parents kill three kids, themselves over property dispute - Sep 14, 2012
- BSF trooper found hanging in training campus - Mar 26, 2012
- Former high court judge commits suicide in Lucknow - Jun 14, 2012
- Mumbai suicide victim's sister-in-law arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Man dies in police custody in Ghaziabad, two cops suspended - Jun 13, 2012
- Teenaged daughter of IAS couple commits suicide - Jun 01, 2011
- Cop arrested for businessman's murder - Sep 25, 2011
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Woman dies after jumping before Metro train (Lead) - Dec 15, 2011
- Man attempts suicide at Metro station (Lead) - May 05, 2012