Two Chinese engineers missing in PakistanAugust 31st, 2008 - 2:20 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 31 (Xinhua) Two Chinese engineers have been missing since Friday in the troubled northwest Pakistan, an official of the Chinese embassy said here Sunday.A search operation has been launched to trace the engineers who were found missing along with their driver and security guard, both Pakistanis, the official said.
The two engineers are from Zhongxing Telecommunication Equipment Company (ZTE) in Pakistan.
The duo disappeared in Lower Dir district of North West Frontier Province where they had gone for a routine check of equipment.
The tribal belt of northwest Pakistan bordering Afghanistan is a hotbed of Taliban insurgency.
- China insists on Pakistan rescuing missing engineers - Sep 02, 2008
- Pak frees one abducted Chinese engineer, another re-abducted by Taliban - Oct 18, 2008
- Pakistan urged to find out two missing Chinese engineers - Sep 02, 2008
- Anti-Taliban leader killed in Pakistan car bombing - Nov 30, 2011
- 15 dead in Pakistan check post attack (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- 10 militants killed in Pakistan - Sep 30, 2011
- Pakistan clashes kill 11 soldiers, 24 militants (Second Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- Suicide bomber kills 12 at Pakistan police offices (Second Lead) - Dec 18, 2009
- 3 militiamen, over 20 militants killed in Pakistan clashes - Aug 25, 2012
- 30 militants, nine soldiers killed in Pakistan - May 10, 2010
- Eight militants killed in Pakistan - Oct 04, 2011
- 18 militants, two soldiers killed in Pakistan (Lead, changing dateline) - Jun 20, 2010
- US drone, Pakistani troops kill 20 militants (Lead) - Sep 14, 2009
- Pak Army claims Taliban holding kidnapped Polish engineer - Oct 03, 2008
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011