Two cases of suicide in GurgaonMay 2nd, 2012 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, May 2 (IANS) In two separate incidents of suicide here, a senior official with a private firm jumped from the fourth floor of a building while an executive with another company was found hanging in her rented accommodation Wednesday, police said.
In the first case, Jitendra Jain, 26, assistant vice president with ‘Mark-it’ company in Noida, jumped to his death from the fourth floor of an under-construction building.
Tejpal, investigating officer of the case said: “Jitendra was living in the posh Malebu Town locality on Sohna road. His sister lives in sector 47. The victim’s parents had arrived from Jodhpur in Rajasthan Tuesday evening. The family was at the sister’s house.”
On Wednesday morning at around 8.30 a.m., after having a cup of tea, Jain went to a nearby building and jumped from there. At the hospital, he was declared brought dead, Tejpal added.
In the second case, Jyotsna Negi, 26, an executive with Ibibo Web Private Limited in Sector 32, committed suicide by hanging herself from a ceiling fan. The victim was living for the last two years in a rented room in Sukhrali, near sector 17. Jyotsna hailed from Shimla in Himachal Pradesh.
Sunil Kumar, investigating officer told IANS that she was mentally disturbed. In the early hours of Wednesday, she talked to her parents in Shimla on her mobile phone. Jyotsna’s father C.K. Negi, a government official, sensed that she was troubled and asked his relative in Delhi’s Najafgarh to visit her immediately. On arrival at 7 a.m., the relative found Jyotsna hanging in a locked room.
She had left a suicide note in English which said that no one was responsible for her death.
After the post-mortem examination, her body was handed over to her sister, a doctor who resides in Panchkula, police said.
- Army man arrested in Gurgaon for woman's murder - May 25, 2012
- Teenaged daughter of IAS couple commits suicide - Jun 01, 2011
- Woman jumps to death in Gurgaon - Jun 06, 2012
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Youth jumps to death from Gurgaon office building - May 30, 2012
- Woman jumps from Gurgaon high rise, dies - May 07, 2012
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Suicides in Gurgaon: Over 100 cases in four months - May 11, 2012
- Mumbai suicide victim's sister-in-law arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Husband held in Mumbai woman's suicide case - Mar 15, 2011
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- In-laws booked for Mumbai's triple-suicide case - Mar 12, 2011
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Woman banker commits suicide in Ghaziabad - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: assistant vice president, ceiling fan, committed suicide, cup of tea, doctor who, government official, jodhpur, locality, locked room, mortem examination, negi, post mortem, private firm, rented accommodation, sector 17, shimla, sister lives, suicide note, tuesday evening, wednesday morning