Two carrying crackers dead in explosion near Lucknow (Lead)October 17th, 2008 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 17 (IANS) A man and his wife carrying firecrackers on a motorcycle were killed in an explosion when their vehicle skidded on the outskirts of the Uttar Pradesh capital Friday, police said.The explosion, in which several people were injured, occurred near the Mallhaur railway station in Chinhat locality at about 2.30 p.m.
“The deceased, Rajendra, was carrying firecrackers on his motorcycle with his wife riding pillion,” Inspector I.P. Singh of Chinhat police station told IANS.
“The explosion occurred as the motorcycle skidded and fell,” Kashi Nath Singh, a government railway police superintendent, said.
The couple was declared brought dead by the doctors in a nearby hospital. The exact number of those injured is not yet clear.
“Nothing can be said right now about the intensity of the explosion and the degree of injuries sustained by the victims,” I.P. Singh said.
- One dead, several injured in explosion near Lucknow - Oct 17, 2008
- Two carrying crackers killed in explosion near Lucknow (Second Lead) - Oct 18, 2008
- Three minors drown in Bhakra canal - Jan 23, 2011
- Intelligence official shot dead in Pakistan - Mar 02, 2012
- Five killed in two road accidents - Nov 07, 2011
- Three dead, nine injured in Jharkhand road accidents - Jan 30, 2011
- Two killed in fire-cracker stockpile blast - Sep 12, 2012
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Himachal Congress chief injured in accident - Dec 06, 2011
- 36 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fifth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- 22 die in Kashmir road accident - Sep 13, 2011
- Six arrested for Sivakasi fire tragedy - Sep 06, 2012
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Five killed as tanker hits bike, car - Jun 08, 2011
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012