Two businessmen held for rape in DelhiJune 18th, 2009 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 18 (IANS) Two businessmen were arrested here Thursday for allegedly raping a 28-year-old woman labourer, police said.
Hari Ram and Pintu were arrested after the victim complained to the police about the attack on her Wednesday.
“The accused are in the business of footwear manufacturing and run a factory in outer Delhi area where the victim used to work,” said a senior police officer.
“The victim told police that on June 14 she had gone to take money from the accused. She said that when she reached the factory, they pushed her inside, locked the factory door and then raped her,” the police officer added.
The case came to light Wednesday when the victim told about it to her mother, who then took her to the police station and lodged a complaint.
“She said the accused threatened to kill her if she told anyone about the incident. The victim’s medical examination has confirmed the rape,” the police officer said.
The police have registered a case and started further investigations.
- Railway constable held for rape - Sep 06, 2012
- Myanmarese refugee held for raping niece - Jun 09, 2011
- Girl gangraped in Patna boys' hostel - Sep 12, 2012
- 22-year-old maid raped by employer, two others - Jun 22, 2011
- Minor gangraped, one arrested - Jan 28, 2012
- Gym employee rapes colleague, held - Jun 28, 2011
- Teenager abducted, gangraped in Gurgaon - May 10, 2012
- Father in police custody for raping teenage daughter - Jun 03, 2012
- Two more rape cases reported in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 25, 2011
- Youth held for raping Assamese girl - Apr 21, 2011
- Rapist burns victim in Jharkhand - Dec 04, 2010
- Pinki files theft complaint against live-in partner - Jul 15, 2012
- Minor raped by teenaged neighbour - Feb 13, 2011
- Teen raped by father's employer dies - Apr 16, 2011
- Kolkata RJ accuses industrialist's son of raping her - Jul 16, 2012