Two BSF men detained after ‘human sacrifice’October 7th, 2011 - 10:08 pm ICT by IANS
Shillong, Oct 7 (IANS) Two Border Security Force (BSF) troopers were detained Friday for allegedly killing a seven-year-old boy as part of an occult “human sacrifice” in Meghalaya, police said.
Krishna Singh, son of a BSF trooper, went missing Wednesday after visiting a Durga Puja marquees with his elder brother in a BSF campus at Prahari Nagar in Tura in the western part of Meghalaya.
When the boy’s family and BSF personnel launched a hunt, the body was discovered with multiple injuries in the campus Thursday morning.
“It is a gruesome murder and we are suspecting it to be a case of human sacrifice,” Meghalaya police chief N. Ramachandran told IANS.
He said two BSF troopers — Chandrawan and Babu Khan — had been detained and were being interrogated.
Police have also gone to Mankachar in Assam to quiz Lukman Haqib, a tantrik priest in connection with the murder.
- Tantrik beheads boy for 'divine powers' - Feb 23, 2012
- Boy's beheaded body found, sacrifice suspected - Feb 18, 2010
- Four Garo rebels arrested in Meghalaya - Aug 06, 2012
- ULFA militant, aide held in Meghalaya - Jul 28, 2010
- Tantrik held for human sacrifice (Lead) - Feb 18, 2010
- Militant nabbed in Meghalaya - Jun 05, 2012
- Rebels free Meghalaya official after 34 days - Dec 24, 2011
- BSF stage march in Shillong - Apr 25, 2012
- Meghalaya on alert after rebel threat - Jul 17, 2011
- Infant buried on tantrik's advice, survives - Apr 14, 2012
- In Meghalaya, celebrating Durga Puja differently - Oct 05, 2011
- Garo militant nabbed in Meghalaya (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Girl shot dead by father for 'honour' - Feb 29, 2012
- BSF man held at airport with bullets - Feb 04, 2012
- Two militants arrested from India-Bangladesh border - Apr 10, 2010