Two BPO managers sacked on sexual harassment chargeNovember 29th, 2011 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Nov 29 (IANS) An assistant manager at a call centre here was sacked Tuesday after four woman trainees complained he was sexually harassing them, police said. The management also sacked another manager for failing to inform his seniors despite being aware of the matter.
While a written complaint has been filed at the Udyog Vihar police station, no first information report (FIR) has been lodged yet.
Manpreet Singh, administration head of GBS call centre in Udyog Vihar Phase 1, told IANS that the four women trainees had accused Alphi Chugh, 28, of sending them obscene SMSes and making advances, with the inducement that he will declare them successful in the training programme.
They also said Chugh threatened them of dire consequences after they approached the management.
Assistant manager Deepak Kumar was sacked as he was allegedly aware of the whole episode but did not inform his seniors.
“The four women had joined the call centre Nov 14 as trainees,” said Satendra Dahiya, station house officer (SHO) of Udyog Vihar police station.
The police are yet to question the accused, he added.
The women have handed over the SMSes to the police. They also said the company had terminated their training, but Manpreet Singh denied the charges.
The women hail from Punjab and Darjeeling, and are currently living in south Delhi’s Malviya Nagar area and Haryana’s Faridabad district.
- Police station chief beats up constable, both face action - Aug 13, 2012
- Court grants police protection to couple - Sep 16, 2010
- India Bulls executive missing - Sep 13, 2012
- Workers turn violent at Gurgaon export unit - Mar 19, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh minister's kin arrested - Jul 07, 2011
- Changing professions - to become police officers - Jul 13, 2012
- Five women, pimp arrested for sex racket - Jan 20, 2012
- BSF trooper found hanging in training campus - Mar 26, 2012
- After SMSes, Tamil Nadu women see red in mehendi - Aug 20, 2012
- 50 pro-Anna protesters detained outside PM's house - Aug 25, 2011
- Kanda close to being nailed in Geetika suicide: Police - Aug 24, 2012
- Chandigarh gets its first woman SHO - Jul 01, 2011
- Six planning to rob businessman held - Mar 27, 2011
- Khan Market Metro station opens, three others still shut (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Family alleges assault by cops, police rubbishes - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: call centre, chugh, darjeeling, faridabad, four women, harassment charge, haryana, house officer, inducement, information report, malviya nagar, management assistant, phase 1, police station, sexual harassment, smses, south delhi, station house, trainees, training programme