Two boys drown in pond in RajasthanAugust 18th, 2012 - 10:49 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Aug 18 (IANS) Two young boys were drowned while they were swimming in an overflowing pond in Rajasthan’s Nagaur district Saturday, police said.
According to the police, the incident occurred around 8 a.m. in a village near Riyan town of the district, some 250 km from Jaipur.
The pond was filled to the brink due to heavy downpour in the area over the past two days, police said.
A police officer said Laxman Kumar, 14, and Sunil, 11, had gone for a swim in the pond. Some villagers who were passing by the pond saw their clothes and realised that they could have been drowned. They informed the police.
The officer said that a rescue team from district administration reached the spot.
“It took the rescue teams about six hours to fish out the bodies,” said the officer.
- Two more children drown in pond in Rajasthan - Aug 19, 2012
- Two young boys drown in a Rajasthan pond - Aug 10, 2012
- 7 child labourers drown in Rajasthan - Apr 10, 2012
- Woman drowns three kids, self - Oct 25, 2011
- Boy falls into pond in Rajasthan, rescue work on - Jul 01, 2012
- Four of a family drown in pond - Sep 21, 2010
- Four killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar - Aug 10, 2012
- Three saved from drowning in Haryana's Ghaggar rivulet - Jul 18, 2010
- Eloping couple commit suicide in Rajasthan - Aug 11, 2012
- Five killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Incessant rains hit life in parts of Rajasthan - Aug 14, 2012
- Three killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan accident - Apr 16, 2012
- 20 schoolkids injured in Rajasthan accident - Jul 26, 2012
- Five poachers arrested in Rajasthan - Jul 26, 2012
- Disabled man rescues girl from well - Dec 29, 2011