Two bombs recovered from Mumbai railway station (Lead)December 3rd, 2008 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 3 (IANS) Another tragedy was averted Wednesday evening as two bombs were recovered and defused at the crowded Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST), one of the sites of the Nov 26 terrorist attacks, a Mumbai Police official said.The bombs weighing four kg each were found from a spot inside the CST, one of this metropolis’s busiest railway stations, where the police had collected all the bags that were reportedly used by the terrorists, the official told IANS.
The recovery came while over 100,000 citizens were staging a peace march towards the Gateway of India, across the road from the Taj Mahal hotel, and other terror-hit places and minutes after Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh carried out an inspection of the CST station’s heritage building, the erstwhile Victoria Terminus.
The bombs were recovered when security personnel were checking the bags, which had been lying there under security for the past week, for clues to the terror plot, the official said.
The official said that both bombs had been defused and there was no cause for worry, though security measures were being tightened in and around the CST premises.
It was late evening of last Wednesday when the 10 terrorists sneaked into the city from the sea and started indiscriminate firing at several places, including CST. At least 183 people, including 22 foreigners, were killed in the strike.
- CCTV footage released on Mumbai child kidnapper - Jul 06, 2012
- Mumbai Police to dispose off RDX after 26/11 verdict - Apr 29, 2010
- Maharashtra Force One conducts mock drill in Mumbai - May 13, 2012
- Two live bombs found in Mumbai - Dec 03, 2008
- Fire in Mumbai market, no casualties - Jun 27, 2012
- Mumbai on alert after terror threat - Feb 03, 2010
- Chidambaram to pay homage to Mumbai terror attack victims - Nov 25, 2010
- Three injured in freak railway mishap near Mumbai - Jun 26, 2012
- Three years on, India remembers 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2011
- 'Terrorists planned to kill 5,000 in Mumbai attacks' - Nov 29, 2008
- Mumbai remembers, prays for 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2010
- At CST, 26/11 heroes still do their duty (Three years after 26/11 attack) - Nov 23, 2011
- Mumbai terror attack footage to be screened in apex court - Feb 22, 2012
- Mumbai blasts: IM operative's Bengal link being probed - Jul 16, 2011
- High alert in Maharashtra after Pune attack (Lead) - Feb 14, 2010