Two arrested with pistols close to the TajDecember 14th, 2008 - 1:13 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, Dec 14 (IANS) Two people were arrested from close to the Taj Mahal with illegal pistols, the police have said.The Taj Ganj police Saturday arrested two people, who hailed from Mainpuri, from within the yellow security zone that is upto 500 metres from the 17th century monument.
Three others managed to escape.
The police said that the gang had come to loot tourists.
Senior district officials were worried as to how the gang managed to breach the 500 metre security ring, despite such an elaborate arrangement.
An inquiry has been ordered.
- Chopper over Taj causes flutter, ASI files complaint - Dec 16, 2011
- Chopper over Taj rings security alarm (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Agra's dilemma over the dead - Apr 04, 2011
- Record holiday crowd at Taj Mahal - Dec 26, 2010
- Youth held for bursting fire cracker near Taj - Feb 05, 2010
- Holi banned near Agra monuments - Mar 20, 2011
- Tourists visit Taj Mahal under Supermoon - Mar 20, 2011
- Agra finally gets rains - Jul 26, 2012
- Lax security at Taj Mahal - Nov 26, 2010
- Sarkozy keeps date with Carla at Taj Mahal - Dec 04, 2010
- Lovebirds to flock to Taj on V-Day - Feb 13, 2012
- Agra battles stray dogs - Jan 22, 2012
- Makeover in offing for police in Taj city - Mar 24, 2011
- Taj Mahotsav to focus on Ghalib, Mir - Jan 04, 2011
- Tourists feel cheated on Taj lighting event - Nov 13, 2011