Two arrested with fake currency notes in NoidaOctober 6th, 2008 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Oct 6 (IANS) In yet another fake currency seizure in Uttar Pradesh, two people were arrested and counterfeit currency with the nominal value of Rs.70,000 was recovered from their possession, the police said Monday. The two, identified as Mithlesh Mishra alias Babloo and Mukesh Kumar, were arrested by the Anti-Terrorist Squad of the Uttar Pradesh police late Sunday from Khoda colony in Noida.
“The duo were arrested near Khoda colony and we recovered fake currency worth Rs.70,000 from them. A criminal case has been registered against them at the Sector-58 police station,” R.K. Chaturvedi, senior superitendent of police Noida, told IANS.
A total of 80 fake currency notes of Rs.500 denomination and 60 notes of Rs.500 denomination were recovered respectively from Mithlesh Mishra and Mukesh Kumar, the police said.
- Man held with counterfeit currency in south Delhi - Dec 31, 2010
- Fake currency unit busted, three held - Jan 10, 2011
- Two held with fake currency - Mar 15, 2011
- Fake currency unit busted in Bihar - Apr 26, 2011
- Counterfeit currency seized in Punjab - Jul 10, 2011
- Man held with fake notes - Apr 20, 2011
- Two held in Himachal, fake currency seized - Oct 11, 2010
- Fake Indian currency recovered, three held - Mar 18, 2012
- Counterfeit currency: Former defence official arrested - Jun 13, 2011
- Fake currency seized in Rajasthan - Jun 16, 2012
- Nepali national held for ISI links - Jun 05, 2011
- Three held with fake currency in Delhi - Dec 25, 2010
- Two Bangladeshis held for circulating counterfeit notes - Feb 20, 2011
- Three held in Punjab for circulating fake currency - Oct 30, 2010
- Three held with fake currency in Rajasthan's Bharatpur - Jul 02, 2012