Two arrested with brown sugar in Uttar PradeshJuly 7th, 2008 - 7:40 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 7 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh police nabbed two people Monday from the Barabanki-Lucknow border and recovered nearly one kg brown sugar from their possession. The police estimate the international value of the contraband was Rs.5 million.
“We intercepted two youths after a tip-off and recovered the drugs,” station officer of Ghazipur police station A.K. Dwivedi told IANS.
While one of the arrested, Deepak Pandey, is a second-year graduation student of Lucknow University, the other, Roshan, runs an electrical appliances shop in Ismailganj locality neighbouring the district border.
“They confessed to being involved in trafficking drugs in Lucknow as well as other neighbouring districts… we have also got vital clues about other criminals involved in this,” added Dwivedi.
- Two drug peddlers held with heroin worth over Rs.1 crore - Jan 29, 2011
- Mukhtar Ansari's sharpshooter arrested - Nov 16, 2010
- Eight held with heroin worth Rs.2 crore - Feb 14, 2011
- Manipur man arrested with heroin worth Rs.4 crore - Mar 11, 2010
- Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2011
- Drug peddler held with Rs.1 crore-worth heroin - Dec 31, 2010
- Two held with 22 kg of heroin in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 17, 2010
- Three drug traffickers held - Jul 11, 2011
- Two arrested with tiger skins in Varanasi - Jun 11, 2011
- Drug peddler arrested with heroin worth Rs.1 crore - Jul 14, 2010
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Four held with 221 kg of marijuana in Delhi - Apr 07, 2011
- Three get 16-year jail for drug smuggling - Jul 30, 2011
- Two held with leopard skin in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 17, 2011
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011