Two arrested while smuggling explosives to NepalOctober 30th, 2008 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 30 (IANS) Two people who were trying to smuggle a cache of explosives to Nepal were arrested in Uttar Pradesh’s Balrampur district, a police official said Thursday.The Special Operation Group (SOG) and the Balrampur police arrested the two men and seized a huge cache of explosives, officials said. Balrampur is about 300 km from here.
Zahir and Rashid Ahmed, who were carrying about 50 kg potassium nitrate, sulphur and arsenic sulphide, admitted that they were smuggling it to Nepal, the police official said.
“They admitted to smuggling the explosives to Nepal and that they were to get Rs.20 lakh (Rs.2 million) for the job,” inspector Vanshraj told IANS on phone.
The duo is being interrogated, he added.
- Huge cache of explosive seized in UP - Jun 09, 2012
- Three people nabbed in Gujarat district with gelatin sticks, detonators - Feb 14, 2010
- Over 400 kilograms of explosives seized in West Bengal - Jun 10, 2010
- Man held with explosives in Chhattisgarh - Jun 14, 2011
- Five arrested with explosives - Aug 04, 2011
- Three arms smugglers held, weapons seized in Bengal - Mar 12, 2011
- Man held with explosives, may have Maoist links - Sep 20, 2011
- Huge explosives haul made in Jharkhand - Feb 02, 2012
- Two Maoists arrested, explosives recovered in West Bengal - Sep 25, 2010
- Indian fake currency gangs chose Nepal star-hotel for deals - May 06, 2011
- Explosives seized from Maoist hideout - Jan 25, 2011
- Drug smuggler arrested in Rajasthan - Dec 18, 2011
- Nepal police arrest Mumbai blast suspect: Report - Jul 26, 2011
- Three drug traffickers held - Jul 11, 2011
- Two held with explosives in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 05, 2010