Two arrested in Delhi for killing elderly womanAugust 16th, 2012 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 16 (IANS) To lend money on interest proved costly for a 55-year-old woman, who was killed by a businessman and his associate after she demanded it back. The duo has been arrested, police said Thursday.
Darshana Devi, a resident of Delhi’s Narela area, was abducted from her house and later strangled to death July 21.
“Her body was recovered near a canal in Sonepat, Haryana, the next day of her murder,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police B.S. Jaiswal.
Yashpal, a 31-year-old plastic scrap dealer, was arrested Aug 14 from his village in Narela. His associate Manoj, who was hired to help him in eliminating the victim after she demanded the Rs.4 lakh she lent to the businessman, was arrested later.
“The accused was traced with the help of his mobile number,” Jaiswal said.
- Delhi woman strangled to death inside her room - May 25, 2012
- Man kills wife for selling taxi - Aug 28, 2012
- Man fired at in west Delhi, injured - Dec 26, 2011
- Man arrested for murdering woman, granddaughter - Apr 10, 2011
- Three arrested for kidnapping child in Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Conman held for impersonation - Jun 12, 2011
- Man narrates false story to claim insurance - Sep 02, 2011
- Man held for murdering woman, granddaughter - Apr 16, 2011
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- Man held for killing daughter - Jul 12, 2011
- Murder accused flees Haryana jail, nabbed in Delhi - May 09, 2012
- Man held for killing business rival - Nov 17, 2011
- Nurse case: Bishnois allege CBI harassment - Feb 12, 2012
- Man kills elder brother over love - Jul 26, 2011
- Four-year-old raped by elderly man - Dec 12, 2011
Tags: abducted, businessman, commissioner of police, darshana, deputy commissioner, elderly woman, jaiswal, lent, manoj, mobile number, money, New Delhi, old woman, plastic scrap, police said thursday, scrap dealer, sonepat