Two arrested for kidnapping three-year-oldFebruary 19th, 2011 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 19 (IANS) Two men, who kidnapped a three-year-old boy from Uttar Pradesh and were going to sell him to a buyer in the capital, were arrested in west Delhi, police said Saturday. The boy has been reunited with his mother.Dileep, 29, and Rajesh Sharma, 28, are carpenters. Sharma worked near the boy’s house in Gautam Budh Nagar and with Dileep kidnapped the boy Feb 17. The duo was arrested from Kirti Nagar area, police said.
“We got information that one of the accused would be coming to the area Friday. So, a trap was laid and he was arrested. He confessed to the crime and gave the details of Dileep who was also arrested hours later,” a police official said.
According to police, the boy has been handed over to his mother who reached Delhi Saturday.
- Two arrested for kidnapping boy from Punjab - Aug 23, 2012
- Kidnapped boy rescued, two arrested - Apr 18, 2011
- Three arrested for raping, murdering minor - Jan 17, 2012
- Three held for murdering 14-year-old boy - Jan 01, 2011
- Three arrested for kidnapping child - Jan 18, 2012
- BJP calls shutdown in Greater Noida, other areas - May 10, 2011
- Duping racket busted, one arrested in Delhi - Jun 20, 2011
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi - May 27, 2012
- Man arrested for faking kidnap, making ransom calls - May 06, 2011
- Man hires friends to kill sister - Jun 08, 2011
- Two teenaged sisters held for cousin's abduction - Oct 03, 2010
- Weapon 'robbed' by Tewatia recovered - Jul 10, 2011
- Minor boy kidnapped, sold for Rs.10,000 - Jul 16, 2011
- South African, woman arrested for drug peddling - Jan 08, 2012
- Crime capital records five rapes in three days - Feb 28, 2012