Two arrested for kidnapping boy from PunjabAugust 23rd, 2012 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 23 (IANS) In an effort to cover up her flesh trade and dodge the police, a woman and her paramour kidnapped a child but the ploy failed and Savita, 45, and Ajay, 28, were arrested Thursday, police said.
Both kidnapped a three-year-old boy from Batala in Punjab on July 20, but police caught up with them Thursday and rescued the kidnapped child.
The mother of the kidnapped boy, Satender Kaur, registered a case of kidnapping against Savita at Batala police station after her elder son Shahbaz, 6, told her that Savita lured the child away by promising him sweets.
During interrogation Savita revealed that she divorced her husband seven years ago and started living with Ajay in Jahangirpuri and Adarsh Nagar Area of Delhi.
“She was allegedly involved in the sex trade. To avoid suspicion, she hatched a conspiracy to kidnap a child from Punjab, where she used to go for contract work in the harvest season. Having a child, she thought, would help her in covering up her involvement in sex trade,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police Chhaya Sharma.
“To accomplish her plan, Savita took a house on rent in a densely populated area of Batala. Within hours, she befriended the victim and his family. Once she sensed the opportunity, she kidnapped the child and brought him to Delhi,” said Sharma.
- Woman, paramour held for bid to kill husband - Oct 12, 2011
- Woman held for husband's murder - Mar 23, 2011
- Three arrested for kidnapping child - Jan 18, 2012
- Wife, paramour held for killing husband - Mar 30, 2011
- Kidnapped from Ludhiana, 6-year-old recovered in Ambala - Jul 09, 2012
- MBA student lured young women -- to rob them - May 11, 2011
- Moonshine kills 11 in Punjab - Aug 07, 2012
- Falak case: Two accused have prostitution racket links - Feb 09, 2012
- 11-month boy stolen from Hyderabad hospital - Oct 26, 2010
- Battered two-year-old baby recovering (Second Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Slain Pakistani governor's son kidnapped - Aug 26, 2011
- Battered baby battles for life, parents untraceable - Jan 27, 2012
- Zardari, Gilani assure recovery of Taseer - Aug 27, 2011
- Maid arrested for kidnapping employer's son - May 02, 2011
- Court acquits man charged with kidnapping minor - May 11, 2012
Tags: ajay, batala, commissioner of police, conspiracy, contract work, deputy commissioner, dodge, flesh trade, harvest season, interrogation, New Delhi, ploy, police station, punjab, savita, seven years, sex trade, suspicion, sweets