Two arrested for hoax calls to blow up Howrah BridgeDecember 22nd, 2008 - 11:10 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 22 (IANS) Two suspects were arrested Tuesday for allegedly making hoax telephone calls that the historic Howrah Bridge, the gateway to the eastern metropolis, would be blown up. The arrested had called up the helpline of a mobile telecom services provider and threatened that a bomb has been planted in a pillar at one end of the bridge, according to the police.
The police went into a tizzy on receiving the information from the telecom services provider and deployed sniffer dogs and bomb disposal squad personnel at the bridge.
But nothing was found. The call was traced and the duo arrested. The police said they are residents of Bishnupur Sakharipara in Bankura district.
- Bomb hoax on Howrah bridge - Sep 25, 2011
- Moscow rail terminal briefly evacuated over hoax bomb threat - Dec 17, 2010
- Bomb hoax in Kolkata IT hub, one held - Aug 25, 2010
- Explosives recovered from Howrah station - Jan 12, 2010
- Buses damaged, trains movement disrupted in Bengal (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Bomb scare at Taj Mahal - Jan 04, 2012
- Explosives found at Howrah station - Feb 11, 2010
- Bomb scare at Delhi Metro station - Apr 14, 2011
- Another hoax call has Delhi Police on its toes - Sep 12, 2009
- Washer man held for hoax bomb call - Aug 10, 2011
- Hoax bomb call at Bagdogra airport - Apr 17, 2009
- Hoax bomb call at Ashok Hotel - Jul 16, 2009
- DPS Ghaziabad evacuated after bomb hoax - Jan 21, 2010
- Teenager arrested for hoax bomb call to Games Village - Oct 05, 2010
- Businessman held for making bomb hoax call - May 16, 2011