Two arrested for cheatingNovember 2nd, 2011 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 2 (IANS) An advocate from Chennai was arrested along with a friend for operating a fake employment racket, police said Wednesday.
Tanuja G., 29, was held at her residence here. Vijaypal, 30, was arrested in Saket in south Delhi Tuesday.
Another accomplice, a Nigerian, was absconding, police said.
Tanuja had allegedly duped four men by promising them jobs in Canada by hacking the account of a lawyer approved by the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants.
“She took Rs.10 lakh in all from the victims,” a police official said.
Tanuja had Nigerian associates who helped her to create fake email IDs and hack mails.
Twenty-one passports, fake visiting cards of Canadian and Nigerian diplomats and fake police verification certificates were recovered by the police.
- Three held for running fake visa racket - Jul 02, 2010
- Gang of credit card cheats busted - Jan 28, 2011
- Woman who duped six 'husbands' held - Feb 23, 2012
- Five arrested for fake visa-passport racket (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Three held for cheating, launching fake companies - Oct 21, 2011
- Woman arrested for providing surety on fake documents - Feb 26, 2012
- Fake job racket, headed by Delhi Police constable, busted - Apr 30, 2012
- Canada busts single biggest immigration racket - Jan 07, 2011
- Three held for hacking bank accounts - Mar 29, 2011
- Women arrested for cheating 'husbands' - May 29, 2012
- Indian girl, Nigerian held for lottery fraud - Mar 03, 2011
- Man held for fake visa racket - Jul 09, 2011
- Ex-official held for fraud - Jan 07, 2012
- Immigration racket busted in Punjab, 1,200 passports recovered - Jun 21, 2011
- Girl-dominated gang running loan racket busted - Oct 31, 2010
Tags: accomplice, advocate, canadian society of immigration consultants, diplomats, four men, hack, jobs in canada, lakh, lawyer, New Delhi, nov 2, passports, police official, saket, south delhi, tanuja, verification certificates, visiting cards