Two arrested for bid to kidnap US firm CEO in NoidaSeptember 29th, 2008 - 11:55 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Sep 29 (IANS) Two people were arrested Monday for attacking and attempting to abduct the CEO of a US-headquartered software firm here last week. The police said one of them wanted to raise funds to contest Lok Sabha elections.The Sector 24 police arrested Saurabh Yadav, 25, and Ashok Sharma, 24, from Noida.
“Saurabh Yadav is the son of Balbir Singh Yadav, a sub-inspector with the Sales Tax department in Ghaziabad,” Noida Superintendent of Police (city) Ashok Tripathi said.
“Saurabh told us that he wanted to contest the coming Lok Sabha elections on the Samajwadi Party ticket from Madhya Pradesh, for which he wanted money. For this purpose, he tried to abduct the CEO and then planned to ask for the required ransom from him,” he said.
The two other assailants are still at large. “We are still working on the case. It is only partially opened. The two others are yet to be arrested. Our teams are on a hunt,” Tripathi said.
Yadav hails from Etawah and Sharma from Noida, he said.
The four people had tried to abduct Ashish Dwivedi, CEO of Expediene e-Solutions Ltd. on the night of Sep 26.
That night, as Dwivedi, 37, left his office and moved towards the Sai Temple at Sector 61, four armed goons in a Tavera SUV overtook his Honda Civic car and blocked its way.
They then attempted to open the door of his car. They dragged an iron rod from their vehicle and broke the windowpane on the driver’s side. They dragged Dwivedi on the road and attempted to push him into their vehicle.
He was injured badly but was saved by a crowd that collected after his shouts for help.
- Two held for bid to abduct doctor - Dec 08, 2011
- Man abducted, shot dead in Ghaziabad - May 24, 2010
- Miss El Paso arrested for shoplifting - Aug 11, 2011
- Four people identified for lynching Graziano CEO: Police (Lead) - Oct 01, 2008
- Four arrested for raping minor girl - Feb 27, 2012
- US-based IT firm''s CEO attacked in Noida - Sep 28, 2008
- Uttar Pradesh government gagging media: CNN-IBN (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- India CEO of US-based IT firm attacked in Noida - Sep 27, 2008
- Mayawati suspends two policemen for attacking scribe - Jun 27, 2011
- Budding engineers among seven held for robberies - Jan 05, 2011
- Five Maoists held in Bengal - Dec 09, 2010
- Women's panel slams Noida police for naming rape victim - Feb 27, 2012
- Man involved in 250 CNG car kit thefts held - Feb 21, 2011
- Speeding call centre cab crushes traffic cop - Sep 28, 2011
- Two more held for killing Amity student - Mar 26, 2010