Two arrested for beating doctor protesting girl’s harassmentSeptember 5th, 2012 - 12:05 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sept 4 (IANS) Two youth were arrested after they allegedly badly beat up an elderly homeopath doctor, leading to his death, after he objected to them passing vulgar comments against women in West Bengal’s North 24 Pargas district, police said Tuesday.
The doctor, Bikashbandhu Mallick, had protested after the two youths in a drunken state banged on doors and windows with sticks, passed lewd remarks at a young girl and started pulling her hand in Kadambagachi area of Barasat town Monday.
Hearing the commotion, Mullick came out of his house and asked the youths to leave the place. Enraged, the duo started beating him.
After the youth left, the villagers carried Mullick to a nursing home where doctors declared him dead.
As news of Mullick’s death spread, angry people set fire to shanties which also allegedly doubled up as country liquor dens.
Later in the night, the police arrested M. Jalaluddin, said to be one of the two youths.
Sirajul Islam was arrested Tuesday morning.
- Father seeks justice for son's death - Aug 05, 2011
- Court seeks report on Pinki case - Jul 07, 2012
- Youth killed for protesting abuse of sister - Feb 15, 2011
- Man throws naked prostitute out of window - Nov 04, 2011
- Some recent road-rage incidents (To go with On Delhi roads, tempers rise with temperatures) - Apr 06, 2012
- Three Rajasthan cops booked for 'custody death' - Feb 22, 2012
- 'Looking at CPI-M workers' faces will bring bad luck' - Jun 17, 2012
- Trinamool workers display minister's hate speech on billboard - Apr 21, 2012
- Mob attacks police team in Bengal, 11 cops injured - Nov 20, 2010
- 18-year-old gangraped in Delhi, four held (Lead) - Dec 12, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,