Two arrested for auto thefts, snatchingsMay 25th, 2010 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) Two men allegedly involved in 20 cases of auto theft and snatching were arrested in south Delhi, police said Tuesday.
Davinder Singh, 22, and Sunny, 23, were apprehended from near Safdarjung Airport Monday.
“For the past few months motorcycle-borne criminals were targeting people, especially women and those walking in secluded stretches in south Delhi and New Delhi,” the police official said.
According to the police, three stolen motorcycles and a mobile phone snatched from a TV channel cameraman were recovered from them.
“The two were allegedly involved in at least 20 cases of snatching, auto thefts and robbery in south Delhi and New Delhi localities,” the official added.
Singh was earlier involved in 12 cases of crime while Sunny was involved in cases under the Excise Act.
- Four vehicle thieves held - May 13, 2011
- Five held for burglaries - Mar 25, 2011
- 13 held for vehicle thefts in Delhi - Jan 24, 2011
- Observation home caretaker among five held for auto-theft - Nov 08, 2011
- 39 held in Karachi for various crimes - Jul 21, 2012
- Two held for vehicle thefts, snatchings - Jun 02, 2010
- Delhi Police bust biker gang - Sep 13, 2010
- Five robbers arrested in Gurgaon - May 16, 2010
- Alert cops catch three auto-thieves - Jan 29, 2011
- Four arrested for car thefts, carjackings - Jan 11, 2011
- Seven of bikers gang arrested - Feb 24, 2010
- Two auto-lifters held in Delhi - Jan 28, 2011
- Seven held for thefts in Delhi buses - Feb 03, 2011
- Robbers driving around in red beacon car arrested - Jan 04, 2011
- Bike-borne men loot Rs.32 lakh - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: auto theft, auto thefts, cameraman, criminals, davinder singh, delhi police, excise act, localities, mobile phone, motorcycle, motorcycles, New Delhi, police official, robbery, south delhi, stretches, tv channel, two men